Welcome to Baba Banda Singh Bahadur AFPA
BBSB Armed Forces Preparatory Academy, has been established by Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Education Trust in Fatehgarh Sahib in 2016. The Institute aims at training selected young boys from Punjab for permanent commission into the armed forces through the National Defence Academy. BBSBAFPA will provide academic and technological training of the highest quality in order to equip cadets with appropriate qualifications as a foundation for their service careers.
From 2017 session, a graduate plus integrated course is commencing for girls preparing them for Women Entry Scheme into Defence Forces as Officers through SSCW (NT) scheme.
Training Imparted at BBSB Armed Forces Preparatory Academy
Academic training for boys: (+1 and +2) in BBSB Collegiate School Fatehgarh Sahib. All students will study Physics, Chemistry and Maths stream.
Academic training for girls: Graduation program in any stream at Mata Gujri College, Fatehgarh Sahib.
Physical fitness, sports, and drill: Sports facilities include Hockey, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Boxing, Lawn Tennis and Swimming.
• Personality development , soft skills and communication skills.
• Preparation for NDA/CDS entrance exam.
• Preparation for Services Selection Board (SSB).
Infra structure Available
• State of Art infra structure available including Air conditioned Labs.
• Wifi Campus 24x7.
• State of art Library and cyber cafe.
• Complete infra structure for Physical training including a state of art gymnasium.
• Complete infra structure for SSB training
• institute set up by the SGPC.
• Aim:To train selected young boys and girls for joining the Armed Forces as Officers.
• Duration of Training: Two years course at the Plus 1 and plus 2 level. Whereas 3 year course for graduate entry.
• Capacity: 80 male cadets and 40 female cadets per year. Total 120 cadets per session.
• Indian Residents.
• Boys studying in class 10 and Girls studying in class 12.
• Desirous of joining through NDA/ CDS entry.
• Date of Birth: Boys NOT before 02 Jul 2000. Girls Not before 02 Jul 1998.
• Medically fit as per Defence norms.