Lt. Gen SP Singh (Retd.)
Retired on 31 Aug 2012 after 39 years of dynamic service after achieving second highest rank (Lieutenant General) in Indian army. Widely travelled across length and breadth of the country and visited 20 countries as a member of study delegates/ observer. Participated in confidence building measure talks with Pakistan and was engaged in active operations against insurgents in Sri-Lanka, North-East, Punjab and J&K. Has a wide range of experience at managerial, executive, directional and strategic levels in the Indian Army.
He has vast experience in dealing with counter insurgency and counter terrorism. Has undergone training functions at various levels and has had the privilege to be selected to undergo prestigious courses for the army, tri services and combined services. Most notable was elitist one year course at National Defence College, Delhi which had select participants from three services besides officers from IAS, allied services and 20+ foreigners.For his meritorious service he was awarded Ati Vishit Sewa Medal twice by the president of India.
• Graduation of National Defence College, New Delhi 2004-05.
• Master of Management Studies from Osmania University 1997-98.
• Master of Science from Madras University 1986-87.
• Had the distinction of creatimg healthy,tension free,productivity oriented,and synergetic environment while heading various organizations ranging from few hundred to more than lakh personnel.
• Excelled in establishing effective intra/inter communication skills involving highest ranked officials to grass roots level resources thereby contributing towards organizational effectiveness
• Promoted and ensured transparency in the organization landing towards enhanced productivity
• Utilized the resources with maximum pay offs and ensured empowerment of subordinates and peers
• Ensured that concepts,policies and philosophies kept pace with dynamic situation and organizational needs leading to positive outputs in-sync with ground realities.
• Team building,comraderie,espirit-de-corps and in knitting the organization as cohesive force.